No body part is as stubborn as the abdomen. Weight loss, weight gain, pregnancy, and age can all take a serious toll on your stomach muscles and tissue. It’s for these reasons that men and women come to us saying they eat well and exercise, but can’t seem to get rid of stubborn belly fat. When that’s the case, we often suggest a tummy tuck.
Typically, Tummy Tucks are Not Covered
If you’re getting surgery for strictly cosmetic reasons, it will likely not be covered by your insurance.
Times When Insurance will Cover a Tummy Tuck
If your tummy tuck is necessary for medical purposes, you may qualify to have some or all of the procedure covered by insurance. Your procedure may be covered if:
- It’s part of a skin removal surgery. If you recently lost a large amount of weight, particularly around your abdomen, skin removal may be necessary to avoid infection and alleviate back pain, and make it easier for you to move around.
- You have a hernia. Umbilical, ventral, or an incisional hernia surgery can be accompanied by a minor to moderate tummy tuck, as part of the repair.
Cosmetic Surgery Financing Options
We never want to let the cost of a procedure keep someone from having their dream body. For that reason, we offer several payment methods — cash, check, major credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express) and 3rd party financing.
If you don’t want to dip into your savings to cover the procedure in full, we do offer financing options. When you finance your surgery, you:
- Enjoy low minimums on monthly payments.
- Do not have to pay any upfront costs.
- Can have the procedure done sooner because you don’t have to save for it.
Still not convinced? Right now we’re offering $1,000 off your next tummy tuck procedure!
For more information on all things cosmetic surgery, give Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery a call at (212) 344-0496 or visit us online!