One of the most requested procedures in our New York offices is the Brazilian Butt Lift, or buttock Augmentation. With so much attention being given to the buttock area on television, the Internet and in magazines, it’s no wonder more women than ever before are turning to a butt lift for a sexier and more curvaceous backside. For patients with small, flattened, boxy or sagging bottoms, a Brazilian Butt Lift can be something that enhances both their figure and their self-esteem. It can help them look and feel more beautiful, increasing their overall confidence which can positively affect many different areas of their lives. This can be achieved through a natural butt lift using fat transfer or through the use of buttock implants. Aging, pregnancy and massive weight loss can be just some of the many factors that can leave a person with a sagging or flat bottom.
Best Candidates for Buttock Augmentation and Fat Transfer Butt Lift
Patients who are dissatisfied with their shape due to aging, genetics, lifestyle (sitting too much) and whose backside has not responded well to exercise are the best candidates for buttock augmentation. Butt lift patients should be in good health and non-smokers. Patients who smoke will be asked to stop smoking at least two weeks prior to their procedure and to not smoke again afterward. Most of our Brazilian Butt Lift patients are within 25 pounds of their ideal weight but this is not necessarily a requirement for being eligible for the procedure. Buttock augmentation patients who undergo the fat transfer (fat grafting) butt lift must have ample body fat in other areas of their body to be able to transfer enough fat into the buttocks for the procedure. If a patient does not have enough fat, implants will be used.
Types of Buttock Augmentation and Butt Lift Procedures
Patients are as unique in their shapes and sizes as they are in personality. Some patients need to have a reduction of fat in certain areas while others are looking to plump up a particular area of the buttocks with more volume. No matter what your areas of concern, our highly skilled New York plastic surgeons can give you a beautiful backside with the option of several different procedures to choose from:
- Buttock Augmentation – In this procedure, the buttocks is enhanced with a rounder shape and curvier profile using either a silicone butt implant on either side of the derriere or by injecting the patient’s own fat into the areas of the buttocks that need enhancement. A fat transfer into the buttock from another part of the body is called a Brazilian Butt Lift. Buttock Augmentation and Lift – Not only does the buttocks receive a rounder and more shapely contour through the use of either fat grafting (fat transfer) or implants, the area is also lifted to reverse the problem of buttock skin that sags and hangs loose. A lift involves removing a band of skin from the lower back in order to lift the buttocks into a more youthful shape and contour.
- Buttock Contouring – This minimally-invasive procedure involves using the SmartLipo laser-assisted liposuction technique to remove unwanted fat and to tighten the skin. You may read more about SmartLipo by visiting our SmartLipo procedure page. Buttock contouring can be especially effective for patients who are already happy with the projection and roundness of their buttocks but would like it to be more noticeable. They can achieve an even curvier, sexier shape when the thighs and lower back are sculpted using SmartLipo.
- Buttock Lift – A butt lift is for patients who are otherwise happy with the size and shape of their buttocks but who need to have the skin lifted up so the area doesn’t sag. This is especially popular for patients who are post-pregnancy or who have lost elasticity in their skin due to previously being overweight and from aging. A lift removes a band of skin from the lower back so that the buttocks can be lifted up into a higher position. For some patients with less severe sagging, SmartLipo laser liposuction can reshape the buttocks and tighten the skin.
- Buttock Reduction and Lift – At Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery, we try to use the least invasive methods for cosmetic enhancement as possible. With a buttock reduction procedure, often times we can achieve the patient’s goals through the use of minimally invasive SmartLipo laser liposuction. The SmartLipo laser melts away fat and removes it while the heat from the laser tightens up the skin. In more severe cases of loose or sagging skin, additional lift may be requires through removing a band of skin from the lower back and lifting the buttocks into a higher position.
Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions from our Buttock Augmentation and Brazilian Butt Lift patients:
- Is the surgery performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia?
- How long is the recovery time?
- Will I have to wear a compression garment?
- Is buttock augmentation, fat transfer, buttock reduction or Brazilian Butt Lift covered by insurance?
- How much do these procedures cost?
- How do I know which procedure(s) will give me the results I am looking for?
- How long do the results last?
Most of the time, the procedure is done using our unique method of local anesthesia. In some cases, the procedure is done under general anesthesia. In cases, where only SmartLipo is to be done to the buttocks, local anesthesia is used. We have AAAHC accredited surgical center in our Long Island office that helps us to provide patients with a way to have their outpatient procedure while being close enough to home afterward to begin resting right away.
Recovery after buttock implants typically takes up to three weeks for the discomfort to subside completely so patients can go back to work and sit comfortably in an office chair for an extended amount of time. For butt lift and fat transfer (fat grafting) patients, down time can be reduced by as much as a week and for SmartLipo-only patients, down time is only one to two days. Patients will be instructed about physical activity and exercise restrictions during their pre-operative appointment.
Yes. A compression garment not only helps the healing process by reducing swelling in the area, but it helps minimize discomfort and holds the tissues in their new position. Patients are required to wear a compression garment for several weeks after their procedure. The length of time depends upon which combination of treatments was performed.
No. Since there is no medical necessity relating to a health condition or disease, buttock procedures are considered to be cosmetic in nature and are not covered by insurance. If you need help financing the costs of your procedure, we can help you apply for CareCredit financing as well as work with you to arrive at a reasonable price that works within your budget constraints.
To see our procedure prices, please click here. We accept CareCredit cosmetic procedure financing and we are glad to work with you on the final cost of the procedure to arrive at a price that you can manage.
Since each patient is unique in their current situation as well as their aesthetic goals, the best way to determine which procedure will work for you is to come in for a free consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons.
Typically, over 80% of the fat that has been injected into the buttock area (or anywhere in the body) remains in the new area three months and beyond when the procedure was done. This is good news because many patients are satisfied with the 80% that remains and do not feel that a second treatment is necessary.
We have two New York area offices conveniently located near most of our patients. You can book a free consultation by visiting our contact us form or by calling our main office at 516-597-5129.