Call Us Today
Don’t Let Laugh Lines Dull Your Smile
November 20, 2018
Laugh lines, a.k.a. smile lines, are those little wrinkles you get around the sides of your mouth. They typically begin to appear on men and women around age 40 and will only get worse with age.
What Causes Laugh Lines?
Seeing as how it’s right there in the name, most people know that laughing and smiling causes laugh lines, but there are other factors that can cause or worsen wrinkles, including:
- Sun damage
- Dry skin
How to Prevent Laugh Lines
Don’t let the fear of laugh lines keep you from enjoying life and smiling with the ones you love. Instead, take these precautions!
- Wear sunscreen year-round. That’s right, all year-round. While most people know they should apply sunscreen while at the beach or pool, many forget that it’s also needed in the winter.
- Wash your face before bed. In addition to fighting smile lines, this will also help alleviate acne and other wrinkles.
- Keep your face hydrated. Especially in the winter when your skin is its dryest, lotion in the morning and after you wash your face at night is a must! You should also drink plenty of water.
- Stop smoking. Puckering your lips is a surefire way to speed up the rate at which wrinkles form.
- Surgical options. If you’re already noticing laugh lines, preventing them is no longer an option. However, there are still plenty of ways you can eliminate them. From BOTOX treatments to a mini-facelift, cosmetic procedures can make all wrinkles a thing of the past!
For more information on all things cosmetic surgery, give Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery a call at (212) 344-0496 or visit us online!
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!