Call Us Today
How Do I Get a Thigh Gap?
June 19, 2017
A thigh gap is something every woman wants, but as we all know, it’s a lot easier than it looks. It takes great discipline to achieve the thigh gap, but we know you can do it if you set your mind to it! Here are some things to keep in mind»
Thigh Gap Myths
- Unfortunately, it is unwise to think that EVERY girl can achieve a thigh gap. The female anatomy, particularly the femur, are shaped in a way that a thigh gap can be achieved under optimal conditions. Some women have their femurs flared out more than others, they’re “big-boned” for lack of a better word and a thigh gap is unattainable.
- You need to be super skinny to have a thigh gap. While being overweight doesn’t help, it is not the only factor. Thigh gaps are formed when the fat on the inner thigh is diminished to a point where the skin no longer touches. You can have a normal looking upper body with thin legs if you exercise that area properly.
- You need to avoid leg muscles. Squatting for reps on heavy weight isn’t going to help a thigh gap, but it won’t hurt it either. You just have to find that muscle to fat ratio that works for you.
Tips to Achieve a Thigh Gap
- Pile Squats- Start by standing up straight with your legs at least shoulder width apart. With your back straight, lower your core without bending at the hip. Add weight as you get the form down.
- Leg Lifts- Start by lying on your side with your legs fully extended. Lift your leg slowly at first to feel the burn in your outer thighs. Add weight as you get the form down.
- Bridge Raises- Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet shoulder width apart. Put a rolled up towel or pad in between your knees so that your legs don’t touch. Lift your hips to the sky as you squeeze the pad or towel together with your legs
- Lateral Lunge- Stand straight up with your legs as wide as you comfortably can. Step horizontally towards your right while keeping the left leg straight. Rise back to starting position and switch sides. Add weight as you become comfortable.
Here at Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery, we perform multiple weight loss procedures, including SmartLipo. Our surgeons are specially trained in these procedures and a minimally invasive option could be perfect for you. It’s targeted and it requires very little recovery.
To schedule a FREE consultation, call Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery at 212-344-0496 or click around on our website!
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!