Call Us Today
How to Prepare For Gynecomastia Surgery
August 26, 2016
Just like most other medical procedures, preparing for gynecomastia surgery can feel overwhelming, but not to worry. The most important thing for you to focus on in the weeks leading up to your procedure is your health overall. That being said, we’ve listed out a few things to keep in mind to preserve your health and ensure you’re in tip-top shape on surgery day.
- Quit Smoking: It’s probably not surprising that this is #1 on our list. Besides the obvious health implications that arise from smoking and using nicotine-based products, they can also cause complications with your surgery and the healing process.
- Skip The Sun: Lucky for you, summer is coming to an end, which means it will be much easier to stay out of the sun. While your tan skin might make you look like a bronzed god on the beach, the truth is the sun is damaging your skin, making it more sensitive come time for your procedure.
- Pass on NSAIDs: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen, are all blood thinners. As you can imagine, this can cause complications during surgery, so it’s best to stop taking them at least two weeks before your procedure. Make sure to check with your doctor about any vitamins or prescription medications you’re taking as well.
- Take Time Off: The last thing you need to worry about is returning back to work after your surgery. Make sure you’ve requested ample time off for recovery, and a few days off before the surgery as well if possible. That way, you’ll be nice and relaxed throughout the entire process.
- Enlist Assistance: You’ll likely need some family members and friends on board to help you adjust after surgery, as well as tie-up any additional responsibilities prior. Maybe you need to ask a neighbor to walk the dog for the first few days after your home. Much like taking time off from work, make sure you have help so you can “take time off from life” as you recover as well!
One thing you can check off your to-do list right off the bat is transportation to and from your procedure. At Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery, we believe in making each patient’s procedure as comfortable as possible, which is why we provide you transportation on the day of your surgery free of charge!
Find out is gynecomastia surgery is right for you. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, or call 212-344-0496.
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!