Call Us Today
Smartlipo vs. Liposuction: Is There a Difference?
December 20, 2018
With almost a quarter of a million procedures performed in 2017, liposuction is one of the most common cosmetic surgeries in America. With its ability to deliver jaw-dropping results with very little downtime, the desire for liposuction won’t go away any time soon.
Understanding the Difference Between Smartlipo and Liposuction
During a standard liposuction procedure, surgeons remove excess fat from areas of the body that have not responded to diet and exercise. They do so by inserting a small tube attached to a “sucking machine” that vacuums out unwanted fat. Because the tube is so small, this is a minimally invasive procedure and does not leave patients with scaring.
Smartlipo, however, is a type of “laser lipo” — the latest technology available in New York. Unlike traditional liposuction, which removes solid fat, smart lipo uses a laser to liquefy fat cells. This process makes it easier to suction fat and leaves surrounding tissue undisturbed.
The Benefits of Smartlipo
- It can minimize the appearance of cellulite under the skin.
- Typically, only one treatment is needed per area.
- Smartlipo is a less invasive procedure.
- Though everyone’s recovery is different, Smartlipo tends to have a faster recovery period.
The Benefits of Liposuction
- Liposuction is less expensive than Smartlipo.
- Liposuction can reduce the appearance of aging and sagging skin.
- If you’re unhappy with your weight and body shape, liposuction can help you to feel more confident.
And because both procedures physically remove fat from your body, there’s no chance of that fat “growing” back or reappearing.
For more information on all things cosmetic surgery, give Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery a call at (212) 344-0496 or visit us online!
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!