Call Us Today
5 Ways to Make Liposuction Recovery a Breeze!
August 3, 2016
There’s no doubt about it — the liposuction trend has been on the rise for quite some time and we see no end in sight. Whether you’re tired of stubborn saddlebags or are ready to shed those last few post-pregnancy pounds, a liposuction or SmartLipo procedure may help you achieve your goals. Should you choose to opt for this procedure, here’s what you need to know to make the recovery process as easy as can be.
- Cease smoking and drinking. It goes without saying that smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol is not good for your health, but this is especially true when it comes to liposuction recovery. Smoking slows the healing process and drinking can dehydrate your body, making it difficult for your scars to heal.
- Eat a protein-rich diet. Stocking up on protein will encourage your skin and muscle tissue to rejuvenate faster. No to mention that starting your healthy diet now will help ensure your results remain successful even after the procedure and healing process have been completed.
- Avoid NSAIDs. Depending on the scope of your procedure, you may elect to take some over-the-counter medications to ease the soreness afterwards. NSAIDS, or “nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs” can increase bleeding and should be avoided. These include common OTC painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen.
- Massage and later up. Applying creams that contain Arnica can work wonders to help reduce bruising and swelling. In addition, massaging your healing skin and wearing compression garments can assist with recovery as well.
- Rest up well. Avoid strenuous activity at all costs while your body heels and make sure you’re sleeping well. When we sleep, our bodies have the opportunity to “power down” a bit so that it can focus its energy on healing and rejuvenating.
Want to learn more about the liposuction and SmartLipo processes? Call us at 516-597-5129 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation today! Let Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery help you take back your life and feel confident again!
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!