Call Us Today
5 Exercises For a Firmer Chest
August 1, 2016
Summer’s halfway through, but there’s still time to get that chiseled chest look you’ve been longing for. After all, the beach doesn’t officially close until after Labor Day right? If you’re looking to tighten, tone and firm up your breast tissue, these five exercises are just the thing.
- Dumbbell Bench Press – This particular exercise can be done either lying flat, or with your chest slightly elevated or lowered. With your back flat against the bench, raise both arms straight up with dumbbells in tow. Press them up, and back down, keeping your core and chest tight with each pump.
- Weighted Push-Ups – Get into the starting push-up positions and have a gym buddy carefully assist you, placing a plate weight or sandbag over your back. If you’re trying this one at home, grab a weighted vest instead. Then, continue doing push-ups, slow, steady and controlled.
- Close-Grip Bench Press – Just as its name suggests, this exercise is performed with your hand placed closer together on the barbell than when doing your usual bench press. Bring your hands in above your chest, just inside your shoulders, and grasp the barbell with an overhand grip. Press the bar straight up, engaging your pectoral muscles while protecting your shoulders.
- Chest Squeeze Push-Up – Get your muscle fibers fired up with this simple modification to the traditional push-up. Simply grab your set of dumbbells and set them down beside each other on the floor. With your hands on the dumbbell handles, lower yourself downward, squeezing tightly.
- Plyometric Push-Up – Give push-ups all that you’ve got with this explosive exercise move. Set up as you normally would — hands outside chest and feet shoulder-width apart — and begin your reps. After dipping down, push up as hard as you can, shooting your body up so your hands come off the floor, and repeat.
Have you tried every chest exercise routine in the book, but are still have difficulty shedding that extra fatty tissue? If so, you may be a candidate for gynecomastia surgery.
For more information about the procedure and how to know if you qualify, call Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery at 212-344-0496 to schedule a complimentary consultation today.
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!