Call Us Today
Plastic Surgery Is More Necessary Than People Think
March 16, 2018
When people think of plastic surgery, their minds wander to images of models and actresses trying to make themselves look younger. Although plenty of people use plastic surgery to change their appearance, plastic surgery is an essential part of the medical sciences. Plastic surgery often increases people’s quality of life by taking care of particular problems that inhibit the way people live. In fact, plastic surgery may be necessary for newborn babies and elderly folks who have a variety of problems. Here are some examples:
- Cleft Palate – The skin between the mouth and the nose fails to develop, leaving an opening or split in a child’s plate and lip.
- Birthmarks – Birthmarks caused by blood vessels must be removed for the health of a child
- Ear defects – When a baby is born with small tears in their earlobes or has no ears (known as microtia), surgery is necessary to improve a child’s hearing.
- Hand defects – When a baby is born with webbed hands and feet or has too many or too few fingers, surgery may be necessary for healthy living.
- Craniosynostosis – When a baby is born with a skull abnormality causing the head to be misshapen, surgery is required to fix this defect.
- Hypospadias – When a male baby is born with the inability to urinate due to the displacement of the urethra, life-saving surgery is necessary.
- Infection – When a disease harms subcutaneous skin tissue, it must be removed to repair the damage.
- Trauma – Repairing severe wounds, such as punctures or cuts, that expose delicate muscles underneath the skin.
- Extensive burns – Repairing skin after severe burns is not just for appearances but also protects the body against infection.
- Cancer – Used to mend the skin after a procedure that removes a tumor or other cancerous tissue.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome surgery – Used to remove the pressure on the nerve that is causing the pain.
These are just a few examples of medically necessary reasons for plastic surgery. As you can see, undergoing plastic surgery is a necessity for many people to live healthy and normal lives. It is also crucial in fixing physical flaws that increase health and improve self-worth. Having a good opinion of yourself is an integral part of striving to be the best you can be.
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!