Call Us Today
Squeezing Healthy Habits Into Busy Schedules
November 8, 2016
The forty hour work week is a pipe dream for most Americans in the competitive professional landscape. With these busy schedules becoming more common, it is important to keep an eye on healthy living. Your body and your mind are the most important things you have and you need to keep them sharp if you want to be the best version of yourself. Take these tips into your next work week and see how much better you feel!
- Utilize the Microwave- They may not look appetizing, but healthy microwaved meals are as good for you as advertised. They tend to be low in carbs, high in protein and they have the balance you need to live a healthy life. It’s also extremely convenient that they can be there and ready to go in as little as three minutes.
- Chew Some Iron- We’re all familiar with the phrase ‘pumping iron’ but eating iron is just as important. Be sure to include lentils, oatmeal and lean meats in your diet to boost energy and help get you through the day.
- Incorporate Weekend Meal Prep- The Monday through Friday grind leaves people all over the country scrambling for time. To eat healthy and save time, try preparing larger meals on the weekends so you don’t resort to quick, unhealthy meals during the week. Try including as much rice, chicken and vegetables as possible.
- Caffeinate Responsibly- Medical data is all over the place on the health effects of coffee. But one thing is for sure, coffee helps boost your metabolism and it can make your workouts more beneficial. Before you leave the office to head to the gym, have a small cup and see if you can notice the difference in your motivation to exercise.
- Substitute Snacks- When your schedule revs up, it can be easy to reach for the snack machine. This is the biggest problem for people with busy schedules because they feel they don’t have the time to sit down and have a balanced meal. To combat this, pack a bowl of soup or a pre-packed tupperware meal that you can just heat up at work. It will fill you up and you’ll consume less calories than you would with all day snacking.
Unfortunately, healthy living does not always result in weight loss or body transformation. Some people struggle no matter what they do and that is where we can help. At Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery, we can help you with the first step to achieving your dream body. Whether you choose our liposuction or smartlipo procedure, our doctors are confident that you’ll be satisfied with the results.
To schedule a FREE consultation, call 212-344-0496 or click around on our website!
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!