Call Us Today
The Pros & Cons of SmartLipo
July 18, 2016
Let’s face it, sometimes no matter how hard you work out, or how strictly you diet, there will still be stubborn fatty tissue that just won’t quit. Luckily, SmartLipo can help! The procedure’s innovative technology attacks fat cells at the source, draining them away and leaving smooth, fat-free skin behind.
Need some more convincing? Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons to start:
- Local anesthesia is used, instead of general anesthesia. This means that the patient will not have to be put under for the procedure, which drastically reduces the overall cost and increases safety.
- The procedure itself is rather quick to perform and does not require hospitalization. On average, a SmartLipo session lasts about 30-45 minutes in total, and you’ll save on the hospital hassle and fees.
- Recovery is fast, with some patients even returning to work the very next day. Scarring is minimal, since the a smaller cannula is used and inserted into skin folds to reduce visibility. No stitching is required, and bruising and bleeding occur significantly less than after traditional liposuction.
- SmartLipo is unique in that it liquefies and drains fat, rather than sucking it away. This means that doctors are able to more accurately target fatty areas, minimizing the trauma caused to surrounding tissues.
- The heat from the SmartLipo laser also helps to stimulate collagen, which firms and tightens the skin. Traditional liposuction on the other hand, often leaves sagging skin behind.
- The only disadvantage to this revolutionary fat reduction procedure is that it generally targets smaller areas than traditional liposuction. However, most patients who have larger areas to treat usually opt for a combination treatment, receiving both traditional liposuction and SmartLipo for the best results.
Want to learn more about how Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery and SmartLipo can help you take back your life and feel confident again? Call us at 516-597-5129 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation today!
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!