Call Us Today
25 Questions You Must Ask Your Plastic Surgeon Before Going Under the Knife
August 21, 2018
From consultation appointments to your physical results, the right plastic surgeon can make all the difference in your plastic surgery experience. Finding the right surgeon is something that should be number one on your list of things to do before having cosmetic surgery.
To make your search a bit easier, we suggest asking our top Long Island cosmetic surgeons, or any others that you may visit, these 25 questions.
- Are you board certified in cosmetic surgery?
- How long have you been practicing cosmetic surgery?
- How many times have you performed the exact procedure I want?
- Can I see before and after images of your past patients?
- What type of anesthesia will I need?
- Who will be administering my anesthesia?
- How long will the procedure take to complete?
- Where will the surgery be performed?
- What are the health risks associated with this surgery?
- Is this the best surgery for me or are there other options I should consider?
- Will this surgery leave me with any visible scars?
- Is there anything I have to/ can’t do in the weeks leading up to my surgery?
- How long will my recovery be and is there anything I won’t be able to do while recovering?
- What kind of clothes should I wear to and from the procedure?
- How intense will the initial bruising, scarring, and pain be?
- Are you and your staff certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)?
- Will I be given any pain medication after my surgery?
- Will I need an aid to assist me after surgery?
- If something were to go wrong once I got home after my surgery, is there a number or person here I would be able to call?
- How often have your patients experienced complications during and/or after surgery?
- Will I need to stay here overnight? If so, can a loved one stay with me?
- What will be the total costs of the procedure, including pre and post-op visits, medications, etc.?
- When will I be able to return to normal, day-to-day activities?
- Does insurance cover the cost of any procedures you offer?
- Do you have any payment plans or financial aid I can take advantage of?
To request a free consultation, please contact us by filling out a short form on our website. We’ll be in touch with you within one business day.
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!