Call Us Today
Ways to Avoid the Gym and Lose Weight
January 3, 2017
The first week of January is always a busy time in the gym and this can get annoying for the regulars. If you have been trying to go to the gym but find it boring or inconvenient, it could be easy to just give up. But just because you stop going to the gym doesn’t mean you have to gain weight. Check out these helpful tips to avoid the gym and lose weight at the same time:
- You should try to avoid drinking your calories. Sweetened teas and soda are the first things you should avoid and then try to eliminate the rest of your liquid calories. Try and stick to water during the week and find an alcoholic beverage that you enjoy that is low in calories.
- You NEED to eliminate the mindless snacking. When you believe you’re hungry, often times you are just bored and looking for something to entertain yourself. To combat this, try filling up on healthy snacks and maybe take a walk or call a friend when you’re bored instead.
Sleeping Habit Adjustments
- If you’re a frequent Wall Street Cosmetic blog reader, we have spoke about the impact that sleep has on hormones in the past. Studies have shown that decreasing sleep disrupts the body’s natural hormones and can contribute to weight gain.
- Try to get anywhere from 7-9 hours of sleep per day. This is the optimal rest period for your body to recover from the daily activities and prepare you for the next day.
- There is NO need for expensive home gyms and equipment. You can get the daily exercise you need from a $20 workout video or from self workout plan. Try this one that we have constructed for you here at Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery:
- 3 sets of 20 push ups
- 3 sets of 10 burpees
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 50 rope jumps
- Do this simple plan 4 days a week and you can avoid the expensive memberships and hassle of the gym!
Here at Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery, we love to take things a step further. Our blog, Facebook and Twitter pages are useful resources that you can use to live a healthier life and transform your body. But if you are struggling to lose weight despite diet and exercise, you are a perfect candidate for one of our weight loss surgeries. All of our procedures are $1,000 off from now until the end of January and we are still offering FREE consultations.
To schedule an appointment, call 212-344-0496 or click around on our website!
Top NYC and Long Island Cosmetic Surgeon
635 Madison Ave, 4th Floor, NY NY 10022
118 Glen Cove Road, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Call 212-344-0496 for your free consultation!